"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it."
~ Swedish Proverb, from Dr. Robert Melillo's book, "Reconnected Kids"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Two days of F-U-N!

So the past two days have been great fun - totally exhausting, of course, but we've all had a blast! I'm so very grateful to have Hannah and Delanie staying with us right now. They were supposed to go home tonight, but I get to keep them until Friday!! Yay! And, as an added bonus, my Aunt Gloria and I are having a girls' night out on Thursday - our first one ever. We're heading to the Dixie Tavern to see Nic Cowan and his band. I am SO looking forward to a very much needed little break! Many thanks to the girls for monkey sitting, and to Jessie and Amanda, for letting me keep them! ;)

Ok, so back to the F-U-N! Monday's theme was water - all day long! We started our day at the spray ground near the condo. It really is the most fun a dollar can buy these days, and it wears the boys out! Two birds, one stone in my book. Anyway, they played for about an hour or so. Having the girls with me was SO very helpful - no more zone defense! Man-to-man coverage, FINALLY! We headed home around 11am, fixed everyone lunch, and Aidan and I headed to Brain Balance...where Aidan earned his very first star on the Brain Balance wall!
IMG_0147.jpg

He was very proud of himself, and I was thrilled! So thrilled, in fact, that I agreed to take him all the way to Whole Foods for gelato. When we got there, they had just run out of the non-dairy lemon - his favorite. (It can't ever be THAT easy, right?) They did have a raspberry lemon sorbet that Aidan really liked, though. We got a pint, so that we could share with everyone back at the house. When we got home, everyone had just woken up from a nice, 2-hour nap (girls included, SO jealous!) After the sorbet on the porch, everyone got a little sugar buzz. So we got back into our bathing suits and headed back to the spray ground for an hour.
IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg

After the spray ground, we drove straight to the pool at Aunt Gloria's house for some swimming and dinner by the pool! Aidan is swimming SO well! Check this out!


And the little boys LOVE swimming in the big pool - no baby pool for my little fish! I think the girls had fun too!
IMG_0193.jpg

We had a great poolside dinner again, thanks to Aunt Gloria, and watermelon for dessert!
IMG_0197.jpg

No one wanted to go to sleep when we got home, but we FINALLY wrestled the monkeys into bed! We had BIG plans for Tuesday, and everyone needed some shut-eye!

Tuesday morning, we packed a picnic lunch, picked Alana up at her house, and headed to the Children's Museum! We had three full hours of crazy fun, and ate lunch there (in the A/C - it was H-O-T outside). The boys LOVE the museum, and I especially loved having all three girls with me. For the first time ever, we had the monkeys completely out numbered! This was SO much easier than taking them all by myself! Thanks girls, you all rock!
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg

We headed home for a much-needed rest - we had BIG fun planned for Tuesday night! We fed everyone an early dinner, packed a cooler, loaded up pillows, blankets and pillow pets and headed to the Starlight Drive-In theater in Atlanta! What a perfect idea - thanks Amanda and Jessie for inviting us! Where else can you go see not one, but two movies with six people for less than $25? And no one has to be quiet or sit still either! The downside is that it starts at 9:30 pm, very late for us. So we only stayed for the first movie. The parking lot is all concrete, huge and open, so we packed bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and a frisbee for pre-show entertainment. I folded down the seats in the van and made the boys a little nest with pillows and blankets. I had to pen Ashwin in the van because he kept running off (that little booger is FAST!), but the big boys stayed close, for the most part. I'll admit, I missed big chunks of the plot (We saw "Mr. Popper's Penguins") but the girls filled me in on the way home, and the movie was very cute. The girls got to visit with their moms and brother, and my crew enjoyed it as well! We got home around midnight, and we all crashed into bed!

The girls are hanging with us until Friday morning, and we are all loving having them here! Aidan has appointments at Brain Balance Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - fingers crossed for another star or two!

Much Love,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Brain Balance Motto

We Believe that Within Every Child Resides...

The Body of an Olympic Athelete...
The Brain of a Scientist...
The Mind of a Poet...
The Hands of an Artist...
The Ear of a Composer...
The Heart of a Saint...

NEVER Stop Believing That Your Child Has Unlimited Potential!