"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it."
~ Swedish Proverb, from Dr. Robert Melillo's book, "Reconnected Kids"

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trying something new...

Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I've been without an internet connection (for the most part) recently, and I've been working on a little side project in my spare (HA!) time. I was asked to help on a creative project that could possibly turn into a pretty exciting job opportunity for yours truly - keep your fingers crossed for me!

I also got a little blog education from my dear friend Amanda (people, please visit her photography blog here: http://www.amandasummerlin.com/blog/ You will be NOT be disappointed!) Anyway, Amanda gave me a crash course in blogging for business 101. Basically, successful blog posts should be frequent and brief (like 600 words or less - YIKES!) and always include a photo or video (NO problem there for this girl!) So I'm gonna give her advice a shot - although my wordy self is a little intimidated by the 600 words or less thing! (FYI, I'm already just over 150 words, so we're gonna start officially counting right now!)

I'm going to attempt to tell y'all about our fun LAST weekend and the first part of this week...with updates to follow soon on the rest of our week. And I still need to blog about Aidan's assessment - working on that one too, I promise! So here goes!


Last weekend we spent LOTS of time outside - which was fortunate, because the weather changed dramatically towards the end of the week! Saturday, we tried to play at Morgan Falls Park, but it was WAY too crowded. We lost Ash for the longest two or three minutes of my life so far (he was totally fine, and right there on the playground) and so we left...Pence Train Style.
brothers.pencetrain.adhd.jpg

Later, we rode bikes at the condo, and everyone took turns racing the Plasma cars down the big hill!

We also had LOTS of arts and crafts time. Remember my autumn leaves banner?
IMG_1742.jpg


Well, I now have a snowflake banner that is easily twice as long...
IMG_1744.jpg


And a pretty nifty pumpkin trio...
IMG_1745.jpg


And LOTS of homemade autumn and Halloween cards for folks back home...which I won't flash here and ruin the surprise! But ALL of the boys have been very busy coloring and crafting! (just under 200 words - yikes!)

Sunday, we did a little shopping and ran some errands in the morning. After lunch and a good rest, we hit Riverside Park for one final spray ground adventure and a bike ride. It was a LOT of fun!
brothers.pence.jpg

The boys all had a blast splashing in the spray ground!
Aidan.jpg

Aeson.brainbalance.jpg

Aeson.speech.delay.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

Aidan.adhd.jpg


The boys LOVE the bike path at Riverside park! And they do a mostly-good job at staying together. We're still learning to yield to other bikers and joggers, though. Baby steps!
IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg


That night, I made some smack-your-Mama good BBQ chicken...
IMG_1653.jpg

Ash was exhausted - he crashed out early. But the big boys and I clowned around taking photos for a minute.
Aidan.Aeson.Allie.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg


Monday morning, we had to take the van to the VW dealership - it seems that the sliding door that they fixed a month or so ago is not, in fact, fixed. Grrr...Gogi kept the little boys and Aidan went with me. Of course, they have to order the part, blah blah blah. No word yet on when that will be fixed...sigh. Monday afternoon, Aidan had his session at Brain Balance and afterwards, we all played at PLAY place.
Ash LOVES playing at the rice table...
IMG_1678.jpg

Aeson likes the cafe...
IMG_1677.jpg

Aidan likes it all, but that day, he was all about the blocks...
IMG_1675.jpg


So there it is - my first blog post under 600 words, with lots of photos. Other posts will follow shortly. I'm still without my own internet connection, but I found a sweet spot in the condo to piggy pack on a neighbor's unsecured connection - GO ME! LOTS of fun stuff to report for the rest of the week, so keep an eye out! And if I haven't said this before, please feel free to share this blog with anyone who may be interested - both in our exciting adventures and in learning more about the Brain Balance Program. It truly has been a miracle for Aidan.

Much Love,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Brain Balance Motto

We Believe that Within Every Child Resides...

The Body of an Olympic Athelete...
The Brain of a Scientist...
The Mind of a Poet...
The Hands of an Artist...
The Ear of a Composer...
The Heart of a Saint...

NEVER Stop Believing That Your Child Has Unlimited Potential!